- It establishes the Legal rights and Safeguards your product.
- It Creates A Unique Identity for your products with brand name
- It Creates Business Chances and can transfer the ownership to the interested parties
- It helps the violation of your brand name and products
- Legal Security for Brand Name
The following documents are required:
- A copy of the Registration Certificate
- Power of Attorney
- An Address Proof of the Applicant and a copy of the application form (TM-A).
Yes, it is possible through the Restoration of the trademark. In case the renewal was not filed before the expiry of the trademark then one should file the renewal under 6 months after the expiry of the trademark with late fees.
The trademark registration is different it requires the unique logo, unique brand name, the required documentation, and procedure for registration. Trademark registration is valid for some time 10 years.
The trademark renewal is done after trademark registration before 6months from the validation of the expiry period.
Trademark refers to an identical name, word, image, symbol, design. A trademark is the unique identification of the product; it avoids the violation of your products.
- First, you need to consider which feature is suitable for your brand and that it outfits your customer.
- Avoid Geographical name, Surname.
- Avoid the words that describe the quality of goods (such as best, perfect, super, etc.)
- Trademark guarantees the quality
- Trademark advertises the brand name
- Trademark creates an image for the product and service.
- Name: It may include Product Name, Business Name, Person’s Name/Surname, and Abbreviations.
- Logo/Symbol: Decide on your unique brand name and logo.
- Tagline: For example, Disneyland: “The happiest place on Earth.”
- Other Options: It may include Color Mark, Sound Mark, Scent Mark.
The term of a Trademark means the trademark renewal encloses the term of the Trademark by another ten years.
If one should fail to renew the Trademark then the registrar may cancel your trademark which will lose all the protection that comes with the registration.
The proprietor can benefit from others by violation of the brand name, logo, and design. It provides permanent protection to your product. It Provides goodwill to the product/service.
- The TM-12 application form is to be filled for renewal.
- The application can be made by our consultants
- Filing a trademark renewal application extends protection by the next 10 years.
- The status of the application can be checked after filing the trademark renewal application
- Once the trademark renewal is approved then it is published in the trademark journal.
The trademark renewal has two ways
- The existing Trademark can be filed for renewal to change any signature or any words/alterations.
- The Trademark renewal without a change.
In return for some financial indemnity, a trademark owner has the proprietary rights, to assign the mark, or license, the registered Trademark to someone else.
Form-18 is used to apply the requisite fees. The application is reviewed for quality and excellence before it is approved for renewal.
The Trademark must be published in the Trademark Journal. If no objections are filed within 90 days of the trademark journal publication, the mark will customarily be registered within 12 weeks.
- Exclusive Rights that the owner can have the unique rights
- Builds trust and Established reputation of the business
- It makes it the customers easy to choose the Product
- It identifies the product’s quality and customer’s attachment
- Applicant’s Name and Permanent address of the trademark holder
- Class selection or Trademark Class
- Trademark used since the date
- A brief explanation of the goods, products, or services.
- Trademark Application Allotment
Yes, you need to renew your trademark registration once in 10 years before 6 months before the expiry date else you may lose all the protection over the registration.
Three different types of the trademark they are:
- Descriptive Trademarks
- Merely Descriptive Trademarks
- Generic Trademarks
Yes, It can be renewed by filing a trademark application online. A registered trademark in India has a validity of 10 years. But, it can be kept permanent by trademark renewal.
A registered trademark has a valid period of 10 years, after which it needs to be renewed.
The official fee for online application filing for trademark renewal is INR 9000/-
The official fee for physical application filing for trademark renewal is INR 10,000/-
The Trademarks, copyrights, and patents protect different types of intellectual property. The trademark is the unique identity of the product. The trademark makes the customers choose their product with quality.
The Nike ® logo with the swoosh is a combination of a word and a design that is a registered trademark.
45 Trademark Registration classification in India, and each classes using for different category of business. View Details